"The dress must follow the body of a woman, not the body following the shape of the dress."
Hubert de Givenchy
Fashion is all about dressing for your body type. It's not your size or shape that matters, it's the fit of your clothes. Here's our guide to shopping for dresses:
- The Strawberry: When your largest measurement is your bust and you have wider shoulders.
What you should wear: Focus on V-neck styles and A-line skirts.
- The Pear: When your hips are the biggest measurement.
What you should wear: A cute 50's style frock with a full skirt covers up the hips. Focus on a detailed neckline to take attention away from your lower half.
- The Hourglass: When you have a curvy figure and your hips & bust are the same size and that your waist is smaller than your hips & bust.
What you should wear: Show off hourglass curves to perfection in a fitted wiggle dress with a nipped-in waist.
- The Banana: When you have a slim, straight line silhouette with no hips.
What you should wear: A peplum-style top instantly adds the illusion of curves. A sweetheart neckline is also flattering to a small chest.
- The Apple: When your waist is larger than your bust or hips.
What you should wear: A knee-length wrap dress creates a balanced silhouette, just make sure it ties at the side rather than the middle.
In need of some more wardrobe advice? Book yourself in for a personalised wardrobe consultation with us. Or if you'd like fashion advice while you shop, book a bespoke Buenos Aires shopping tour. We'll take you around the city's hottest boutiques, while giving you some styling and shopping tips along the way.